Sunday, September 8, 2013

Some life updates

Wow, I was so down on myself about Ludum Dare 27, but looking at that little video in my last entry, it’s kind of cute.  I’m excited that Unity announced a bunch of new 2D stuff, including Box2D integration (which should make those rope physics simpler). So we’ll see how that plays out.

I recently got an awesome new job as a game developer at a company I have always had a ton of respect for.  This really is an incredible situation and I’m almost afraid to boast about it for fear of jinxing it.  It’s so nice to be excited to come to work every day.  I won’t share the details of my employment out of an irrational fear that I’ll say something objectionable in my blog some day that will come back to haunt me. Smile

 

The only problematic consequence of having my new awesome job is that I can’t feasibly work on my own independent game projects except as a hobby.  I may still work on non-game apps and that sort of thing, which I’ll post about here.  And I’m sure I’ll have plenty of demos I work on in Unity just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment